Home made infrared receiver
USB-IR-Boy is an LIRC compatible USB bus infrared receiver hardware using the Motorola/Freescale MC68HC908 MCU.
This project aims to be the standard home made IR receiver at low cost for all PC hardware with USB. Modern PC hardware do not necessarily include RS232 serial ports anymore and use of serial port IR hardware is therefore often not possible.
The project covers a GPL licensed complete system including electronic schematics, MCU source code and binary and a lircd compatible kernel module.
- Product version is 0.3.2
- Firmware and kernel module are both quite stable.
- MCU code is still compiled with Codewarrior due to problems producing a working binary using SDCC
- Up to date status can be reviewed from Sourceforge project pages
- Do it yourself
- Modify it as you like
- Low cost hardware (about 10€)
- Simple hardware layout
- LIRC compatible kernel module
- Aapo Tamminen (aaptam at users dot sourceforge dot net)
- Ilkka Urtamo (blckdove at users dot sourceforge dot net)